Foreclosure and Mortgage Default

Mortgage Default Letters. We are often asked what should you do once you receive a letter that states you are in default of your mortgage.

If you have received a Notice of Default you can send a debt verification letter to the entity you are making payments to. You can also send a Qualified Written Request “QWR” and obtain valuable information about your loan.

Pursuant to The Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, 12 U.S.C. ยง 2605(e), your mortgage company is required to acknowledge your request and must respond timely.

Remember it never to early to talk to a Florida Foreclosure Lawyer about how to protect your home or other property from foreclosure.

For more information on Jacksonville or Florida Foreclosure Defense See the Florida Foreclosure Defense Lawyers Blog.

Contact Information