My Bank Wants a Tax ID / EIN number for My Revocable Trust

When creating a revocable trust you may be asked for a Employment ID number (EIN) or Tax ID to open the account or fill out the paperwork. Many banks do not understand the difference between a revocable and a irrevocable trust. Although irrevocable trusts require TAX ID or EIN’s revocable trusts do not require them.

When this happens to you, it may be difficult to get them to understand why they do not need this information. It is best to just fill out that section with your social security number – which is your Tax ID number.

If you have questions on a Florida Revocable Trust you should Contact a Florida Estate Planning Lawyer.

Contact Information